View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 The Emporeans - New and improved! 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: The Emporeans - New and improved!
Please make these things less susceptible to death by low speed impacts.

And they are susceptible to the deathroll thing, where it is shot then it spins violently, most happens in midair and well it just explodes when it lands.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:11 am

Am I the only one who likes deathrolls(but only in corpses)? I play the "space" map expressly to kill things and watch their corpses roll around the map like some sort of "HWEH"'ing dervishes.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:57 am

i've always liked the death sounds.

they're so cute yet so macabre.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:24 am

CandleJack wrote:
RaggedDruid wrote:
Also, if you're having trouble fighting these guys, use the Revolver Cannon.

Mass-based stuff kills the fudge out of them.

Mass-based weapons do that to everything.

Yeah, but it's about the only way to consistently oneshot these guys. Regular guns don't do ♥♥♥♥ without a headshot.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:20 am

Altani Logistics Marketi Intelligence Update
Subj: memorandum: for the eyes of all company loyal
Sent to: A.L. full mailing lsit roster

To all customers and shareholders, we have an urgent message:
Attachment:
File comment: Wheee!
CC - Wheee.gif [18.13 KiB]
Downloaded 99 times

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:07 am
Profile WWW

What the hell was that thing? :O

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:33 pm

It looks like a thruster/booster gun... Took me a several minutes to figure out from that crappy gif.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 pm

A space based booster hrrrrmmm...

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Eh, why do you do that "hrm" thing in almost every post?

Booster guns are fun. I think I'll make one myself for AAL as a gentle version that would function as a digger too for possible zero-gravity maps.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Yep, it's a zero-G thruster pack that moves you forward. It's also rather heavy (for a reason) but is nicely powerful. I'll be integrating a scaled down version in the EVA technician armor (the better clone.)

Also, it ras rather hard to get that GIF. Flying takes a lot of focus and holding the printscreen button tends to result in a prompt crashing of my clone (and him gibbing at mach 2+)

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:26 am
Profile WWW

Activities, you now can has them.

Also, AAL, do make sure the recoil is forward, mining is surprisingly hard with the vanilla diggers when done in zero-g :lol:

Almost forgot, the MMU is in there, mostly because I forgot to remove it. But it's not really an accident. You guys can have some fun practicing with the thing.

Last edited by AaronLee on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 am
Profile WWW

If you're going to film just short bursts, then animget works decently. It started to horribly lag my computer after about 20 seconds though.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 am

I'm just learning how to mod, only played since B21, but I love CC to death. SO, take my opinion accordingly. :P

I've played a modest amount of mods since I first got CC, and while yours does not add anything for bunkers or scenes, I think it's probably the best of it's kind that I've seen. If anything, with some minor tweaks, I think it should go alongside the Ronin in being an official faciton of CC.

I like the white-plating theme, and very space-explorer type look that your characters have. Your weapons stay in character with your actors, and while the variation in actors and weapons is small, it is done quite tastefully.

As most have said, there is room for improvements when it comes to how they handle hitting the dirt. I think it's somewhat reasonable in the case of the clone and engineer, since they are not geared solely towards combat. However your power-suit on the other hand, while close to being practical, dies somewhat unreasonably for how much gold he's worth. His armor weighs him down significantly (to the point that he sinks in dirt a bit), but offers him no more protection to the ground or firearms than the other emporeans have from their armor, it seems. I would imagine that his armor would afford him protection from two to three rocket-launcher rounds, given the weight it carries.

Otherwise, the Power Armor Emporean is absolutely my favorite troop to date. Also, I like the style of your Powerarmor; it reminds me a lot of an anime series called Appleseed. Your weapons are great too, though I think for the lack of ammo and rate of fire that the LMI cannon has that it should carry more damage. The sounds are great and the effects are really slick, and I like that they're not over-done as in several other mods. I like that your guns are balanced in a sense of gameplay too.

Do you plan to expand further on your mod at all with any new troops, craft, bombs, or bunker modules?

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks, Undertech, that may come in handy.

@tons0phun; Tha's well written, thanks. I'll see what I can do about the power suit. I've already worked a bit with the armor. I sectioned the front into multiple pieces and gave the mech a real, solid visor (with blinkenlights.) Honestly, the ronin bazooka just vapes the actor no matter what I do! I've upped the joint strengths for the armor past 1k and nothing. Does anyone think it could be the actual actor's impulse limit?

Also, yeah, the Landmates from Appleseed were fairly slick (gotta' love all those combat enhancing gadgets.) I'll admit those kind of inspired me here (I may even add some nodrop weapon doodads for it, later,) but human sized power armor isn't terribly new, the military are making one right now (XOS.)

Anyway, there may be nothing new for the next few weeks, taking a sabbatical to see my folks.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 am
Profile WWW

numgun wrote:
Eh, why do you do that "hrm" thing in almost every post?

Booster guns are fun. I think I'll make one myself for AAL as a gentle version that would function as a digger too for possible zero-gravity maps.

Its a bad habit online and in real life.

On Topic:

Do you have any thoughts on making the legs more bulkier? I find the coalition legs weird on your actors. Now what this mod needs is a craft, and a digger...

Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next