View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 ARH Tiger - Finished(09 Nov 08) - B22 Compatible 

Post Re: ARH Tiger
After some practice I found that it isn't hard to control it. Though it's annoying you have to keep on tapping the jet button.

Does the left, right and down button do anything? If not, better add some fun functions for them, or use them for better flight control. I'd rather have the rotor not to follow cursor-movement, and have the left and right buttons do the movement. It would be easier to hover over one spot and do the minigun rape. Though I'm not sure if it's possible to add multiple jetpacks to an actor.

And I think the minigun sound doesn't need modification. I like the high pitch 'zeeeeeeeee' sound.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:02 am

DSMK2 wrote:
You can gib anything. You can gib a dropship for god's sake.

Code:
AddGib = Gib
      GibParticle = AHuman                 <-- The important parts!
         CopyOf = <Actorname>      <-- " " " " " " " " " " " " " "
      Count = 6
      Spread = 2.25
      MaxVelocity = 15
      MinVelocity = 5

With this knowledge you can shoot/gib almost anything.

Additional Comments:
Increase helicopter weight + gibimpulselimit, increase jetpack power.

I knew it would be as simple as something like that, lol, thanks!

Aspect wrote:
whoo! credits!
I say again, this is an awesome mod. With gibs it will be even more tight.

Another suggestion, make it so that it doesn't explode when a dropship engine flames it. That has cause mine to die several times.

Also, it can't be ordered by any of the vanilla crafts, you should make a special delivery mechanism to get it into the scene as if it just flew in.
[Confusing] I say you should make a craft that is null sprite that gibs into nothing as soon as it is created and releases your copter!
Perhaps it comes for free and you have to manually stuff the helicopter into in from the buy menu, or it costs money and it always comes with a helicopter, even if you don't specifically buy it. Does this make any sense? [/Confusing]
Restated: Make a craft that costs the amount that the helicopter costs, then in its code stick the helicopter in its inventory or gibs so that as soon as it is built, you get your helicopter as if it just flew in from 'nam.

New minigun looks great, and I can't wait for gibs! A guy shooting out of the front of this bleeding and mutilated sounds really tight.

Don't worry, I understood what you meant in the first part, lol. Now that I know the gibby thing I can get it done. As for the Gibs I've just finished my new sprites including gibs, I'll attach em here for peoples to have a preview.

Electroclan wrote:
I really like this mod! Hell, the minigun alone beats my tempest in coolness, IMO.

Problems are evident though. The minigun cuts through terrain very quickly and could probably use a sound with more kick. The rotor spinning sound could use some editing itself, or just a whole new sound.

Other than that it just needs tweaks.. higher mass, more jointstrength on gun etc etc.

And gibs. I could help you with gibs :]

Dude! It's a .30 cal minigun! OF COURSE IT RIPS THROUGH TERRAIN! LOL.... Nah... I'll fix it...
:oops:

TrouserDemon wrote:
I demand armour that shatters, and an engine that can be shot to flames causing the helicopter to crash. Ditto tailrotor/pilot.

Do these gibs satisfy your shattering armour? I can make more, but they'll be more of just random bits that aren't attached to body, but just look like paint coming off.

Anywho, since theres quite a few parts that'll need putting together with god awful offsets, along with all these new ideas for improvement, don't be surprised if it doesn't take just 1-2 days, cause I'm still new to this

Attachments:
File comment: Gibtastic
Gibs.png
Gibs.png [ 10.82 KiB | Viewed 5017 times ]
Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:16 am

I mean as in armour attachables that can be shot off and broken without affecting the health of the unit.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:33 am

TrouserDemon wrote:
I mean as in armour attachables that can be shot off and broken without affecting the health of the unit.

Ah, I see, well the Nose Panels, Engine Cover, Maintenence Panels, and Wheels don't effect the operational ability of a chopper. So those parts wouldn't affect it's health, but other than that, the ARH doesn't really have a lot of armour since it's a recon chopper. Then again, CC isn't about realism

Any suggestions as to what you think would be attachable armour? All I can think of in addition to what is already there are just some slabs of same coloured panels on the underbelly? Only problem I see with that though is if I keep adding more and more attachables with weight to it, the jetpack would become progressively more powerful as they are shot off. Unless I made both the weight and the jetpack thrust insanely high to nullify the armour weight, and I don't know what problems come with that.

I'll think about it after I do the rest of the other stuff

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:46 am

This mod has true potential.
Well done Nachos.

Hoping the next build will allow a few things to make this mod even more awesome,
-Actor turning animations
-Randomized gibbing

Edit: Nachos, if you have not already, check out the Gargant mod.
Make the back of the helicopter have attachables which can be shot off, exposing the engine, which can be shot for m34ty 3plo510n.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 am

Yeah, the Tiger doesn't use NOTAR. Ditto with the gibbing a pilot, you might want to also sprite in the pilot in the correct cockpit.

EDIT: Oh wait, the Tiger's the other way around, the pilot sits in the front and the gunner in the back. But yeah, you want to sprite the gunner in the other cockpit.

Last edited by Morbo!!! on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:15 pm

You can try my invisiable dropship from my zombies mod . But thats will spawn your helicopter underground .

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:25 pm

Morbo!!! wrote:
Yeah, the Tiger doesn't use NOTAR. Ditto with the gibbing a pilot, you might want to also sprite in the pilot in the correct cockpit.

EDIT: Oh wait, the Tiger's the other way around, the pilot sits in the front and the gunner in the back. But yeah, you want to sprite the gunner in the other cockpit.

Yeah, No NOTAR was really something I should have known straight away since our military have them now... just slipped my mind I guess. :oops:

As for the pilot, I think I'll keep him in correct seat, and add an expendable gunner, lol. I not going to go into intracacies though with when the gunner dies, you cant shoot, I've already got a long enough to do list... Which is actually something I should put in the main post!

grenade wrote:
You can try my invisiable dropship from my zombies mod . But thats will spawn your helicopter underground .

Thanks grenade, but I think I'll try doing this one on my own, I need to mess around with the raw stuff to get a better understanding of how dropships work fundamentally.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:20 pm

Lol make this copter gib this:

Code:
AddGib = Gib
   GibParticle = AHuman
      CopyOf = Soldier Light
      PresetName = Dead Man
      Health = 0
   Count = 1
   Spread = 2.25
   MaxVelocity = 8
   MinVelocity = 2
   Offset = Vector
      X = 40
      Y = 2

This mod is pretty cool, but like others already stated: It can be improved.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:38 pm

Could you possibly add missiles or something like that as a second weapon?
Also, if you can, have the chopper eject a pilot with an smg and a pistol (costom made weapons?) when the chopper gibs.
And I would suggest adding two actors because the kind of chopper I am thinking of has two pilots instead of one.

And yes, less terrain rape. Could the machine gun also have more spread?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:24 pm

This thing is really awesome when you equip it with DSTech heavy weapons. Sadly it doesn't have the jetpack strength to carry them very well, but its still a blast to launch attack drones or the judgement cannon from the sky for even a moment.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:29 pm

Great mod, i like how the pilot looks around when you turn the gun.
Could use some touch ups, but they have all been mentioned.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:57 am

just for apperance factor, i would suggest moving the gun back to under the .... wings i guess, apocalypse now style

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:12 am
Profile WWW

numgun wrote:
Lol make this copter gib this:

Code:
AddGib = Gib
   GibParticle = AHuman
      CopyOf = Soldier Light
      PresetName = Dead Man
      Health = 0
   Count = 1
   Spread = 2.25
   MaxVelocity = 8
   MinVelocity = 2
   Offset = Vector
      X = 40
      Y = 2

This mod is pretty cool, but like others already stated: It can be improved.

LOL, not everyone makes it out alive....

As for the improvements, well... they'll come, I'm heading out into town again tonight so all ive done so far is make the chopper fly in, even though it wobbles a bit at first.

duo9ace wrote:
Could you possibly add missiles or something like that as a second weapon?
Also, if you can, have the chopper eject a pilot with an smg and a pistol (costom made weapons?) when the chopper gibs.
And I would suggest adding two actors because the kind of chopper I am thinking of has two pilots instead of one.

And yes, less terrain rape. Could the machine gun also have more spread?

I'm sure I can try something for the missiles, like make the wing a second arm and set the missiles as a pistol.
The pilot at the moment i'm just going to go with a coalition soldier ejecting with pistol and smg, I'll sprite a custom actor & weapons for him after I get the rest of my checklist done. As for the gunner, I think i'll take numgun's idea and make him the unfortunate one, lol.
Don't worry, terrain rapage will be fixed....

Phatmonkey wrote:
This thing is really awesome when you equip it with DSTech heavy weapons. Sadly it doesn't have the jetpack strength to carry them very well, but its still a blast to launch attack drones or the judgement cannon from the sky for even a moment.

You're equipping it with non-issue weapons!?!?! *gasp* jk. I'm working on it's overall controllability which will hopefully fix the weight issue.

Siric wrote:
Great mod, i like how the pilot looks around when you turn the gun.
Could use some touch ups, but they have all been mentioned.

Thanks! I thought it was a nice little gimmick. Don't remind me of the list of improvements though, it seems to just get bigger... lol

ccjav wrote:
just for apperance factor, i would suggest moving the gun back to under the .... wings i guess, apocalypse now style

Hopefully if I get to the stage of equipping it with some hellfire missiles they will be fired from there.

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:19 am

Yeah, really good. Thats my favourite mod now!
My Idears:
- Make a second Helicopter with a different name which can drop crates with Heavy Soldier + Smg instead of a MG.
- A bomb/missle for the first Helocopter
- Remove the old cockpit-glass from the Heli and add it as a atachable. Now enemys can shoot at the glass and destroy it and can kill the pilot then. So you didn´t need a rocket launcher for killing him.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next