View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Bunker Module Compilation Pack - 2.0 Released (Fixed)! [B22] 

Post Re: Bunker Module Compilation Pack
Nifty pack here Dal, thank you! :grin:

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:00 am

B21 report: Fully compatible, you shouldn't run into any trouble. You'll still need to use the integrated version of the mod to use the modules in the scene editor. ION, I've fixed a number of bugs, and am slowly adding new content. You can expect an updated release in <a few days.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:49 pm

I <3 this pack.
Attachment:
[The extension png has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Much of the base is just Taehl's bunker tiles, but there are a number of additional things rounding out the base from the rest of this pack. And, of course, with the base.rte integration, this was built with ease in the scene editor, no additional work necessary. This is how bunker building was meant to be!

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:43 am
Profile WWW

I concur! Every night I dream about the tiles a completed Cortex Command could possibly bring, and the voluptuous maps I could make with them, only to wake up with a gigantic... smile on my face.
I hope I'll live to see the day! :grin:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm tempted to try to grab some of the best of the bunker modules around here and turn them into a cohesive addon. (Clean them up, make them match, make them look better, etc....) Wouldn't feel very original though, and that worries me. But the point is the result, not the work, right?

Then again, I've got a lot of things to do already. Perhaps I shouldn't start new projects. :lol:

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:47 pm
Profile WWW

That was actually my eventual goal of this pack... I'm just a poor spriter. :oops:

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:09 am

Post Re: Bunker Module Compilation Pack - 1.5 Update
v1.5 Released! There will be one more bug fixing update (+ hopefully Gotchas new objects) soon(TM) before a content update with v2.0.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 am

Cool, this (despite being a pack of other people's work) makes the keeping up with any mods alot easier, since well I don't have to do any work myself...excellent. I just can't wait until the whole bunker saver thing is done, (and yes I know I can use the map editor) then my massive superfortress compounds will be just a click away.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:15 am

Brilliant.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:53 am

The best thing about this pack is that you can use it in the scene editor.

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:14 pm

I've only tried the Integrated version of the mod pack so far, with a fresh install of build 21 (registered), and from what I can tell it's setup wrong. Getting it placed properly in the first place was difficult (for some reason half the files were omitted from cut-paste but this was likely user error), but once placed properly the first error that comes up is that it can't find a blue clone gib at line 1650 in the objects.rte/stuff.ini. Then it says it can't find a definition of 'gold' in promground.rte ... so out of frustration I got rid of promground thinking it was going to be just one map missing, but instead all skirmish maps are missing. Whoops!

So I'm not experienced with modding Cortex Command and here I am trying to debug .ini files just to get this working, that's what I mean by the current release seemingly being setup wrong.

(e) What I'm presently trying to figure out is the following error message (carriage-returns omitted): "Abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp, line 530, because: Referring to an instance ('Gold') to copy from that hasn't been defined! In Promgrounds.rte/Scenes.ini at line 43!" It also copied the last frame to abortscreen.bmp. I think it's referring to: "// Terrain Debris which is scattered (skips 2 lines) AddTerrainDebris = TerrainDebris (skips 2 lines) CopyOf = Gold". I don't know how the different functions worked so I'm a bit stymied at the moment as to how to fix this. I'll probably just try removing those lines or something and hope it only messes up one map and allows me to pick from the others.

(e) Okay getting past that seems to have resulted in another basic object being lost, this time the rocket silo module. I guess I'm going to just unreg, uninstall, then reinstall CC and make backups of anything that gets replaced before I install the bunker module mod. Maybe it's been broken by a prior attempt at installing this damned thing. Umm, I guess first of all I need to try and fix it so I can boot it and therefore unregister it though. Ugh. (e) Okay done, although I just noticed there's apparently bat files called regiser and unregister in the cc directory so this was probably unnecessary. Doy. :)

(e) Okay reinstalled and tried the Loose version of the mod, getting the same error (blue clone gib missing), and I suspect that if I get rid of that I'm just going to continue down the same shopping list of errors that progressively get harder and harder to fix. As of this writing this mod is broken (or simply incompatible with a clean install of Build 21) and I'm done trying to make it work.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 am

Stromko1 wrote:
(e) Okay reinstalled and tried the Loose version of the mod, getting the same error (blue clone gib missing), and I suspect that if I get rid of that I'm just going to continue down the same shopping list of errors that progressively get harder and harder to fix. As of this writing this mod is broken (or simply incompatible with a clean install of Build 21) and I'm done trying to make it work.

That one's easy to fix. Try to find an "actors.ini" in base.rte and uncomment the only commented line.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:17 am
Profile WWW

Electroclan wrote:
That one's easy to fix. Try to find an "actors.ini" in base.rte and uncomment the only commented line.

That uhh, solved EVERYTHING apparently. (Not sarcasm, it booted up and I can choose the new bunker items now)

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 am

And THAT, friends, is why I tell you to read the readmes. :-P

Edit: I'll probably include an actors.ini overwrite in the next integrated version to smooth things out. Anyone with index.ini modded should be able to find the line needed without problems anyways. :)

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 am

I managed to get all this into a one-rte setup. I don't think I'm the only one who'd want this, so here it is with instructions on how to switch it between loose and integrated in Another Readme.

Attachments:
BMCP.rte.rar [6.32 MiB]
Downloaded 322 times
Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next